Sunday, August 15

Some New Stuff

Its been a while since I've updated my blog so there are just a few things I wish to say.

I finished reading Atonement, and immediately watched the movie. I truly love both of them but unfortunately never got around to writing a review. The book was so incredibly inspirational. I was compelled to hate the character I had just fallen in love with, and then fell in love all over again. Ultimately it left me with a longing to write, which i think is a very good end result.


I have a few movies to watch, so expect more reviews in the coming days/weeks.

  • In anticipation of the soon to be released American remake, I am going to watch the critically acclaimed Swedish vampire movie 'Let The Right One In'. 
  • I finally have the opportunity to watch the Alfred Hitchcock classic 'Rear Window'.
  • Last but not least, I have the Danny Day-Lewis drama 'There Will Be Blood'.

Presently, I'm reading 'The Reluctant Fundamentalist', Mohsin Hamid's tale of a Pakistani native, and his life in the New York business world in the lead-up to the 9/11 attack. I should be finished soon enough, and so will have a review prepared in the near future.

My final update coincides with the previous. As my blog has progressed (i'm still amazed at myself for not giving up yet) I seem to have ended up writing many movie review, which is all well and good. However, I don't wish to pigeonhole myself and I will therefore try to expand the topics covered, as set out in my first post. Specifically I will try and get some work done on music, and possibly lists/favourites or something like that. If you're reading this, thanks for reading! Please leave me a comment if I manage to pique your interest in the slightest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment